Raw Cauliflower Tabbouleh

Raw Cauliflower Tabbouleh Recipe

Summer has well and truly arrived here in London so I'm trying to think of all the summery classics I love and try out plenty of new recipes too - in particular anything that is raw and doesn't require any cooking get's my vote, especially in this sweat box of a flat! I've been experimenting with lots of different ways with cauliflower over the past year or so, as I'm sure many of you have and I have to say some of the newer ways I've tried are sooooo much better than the original microwaved cauliflower "rice" - what was I thinking!

I wasn't sold on raw cauliflower originally - I imagined it might have a really bitter sulphurous taste and be way too hard to digest - but as it turns out it is absolutely delicious! You certainly need to counter it with lots of aromatics and something sweet doesn't go amiss to balance out the flavours, but I would argue that this cauliflower tabbouleh might actually be better than the original!

So this has been a revelation, it is so amazingly fresh tasting and takes absolutely no time at all to prep and almost no washing up - dreamy! We've had it a few times recently with grilled lime and coriander chicken, but you could also try it with grilled tofu or prawns if you don't eat chicken. I'm also planning on making this for this weekend's yoga brunch and serving it with avocado slices, grilled halloumi and a greek yoghurt sauce - can't wait! xx

Raw Cauliflower Tabbouleh

Serves 4 as a side dish or two as a main

Ingredients

1 medium cauliflower
zest of half a lemon and juice of one lemon
1 very small clove garlic, grated (or less to taste)
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp sumac
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp hemp seeds
70g bunch of parsley (or more!)
1 small bunch (30g) coriander
1 red pepper, diced
1 handful cranberries or raisins

Method

Chop the cauliflower florets off the main stalk and add to the bowl of a food processor - pulse until you get fine grains like cous cous. You might need to do this in two batches depending on how big your food processor is. If you don't have one you can do this on a box grater but it does get messy!

Add the cauliflower cous cous to a large bowl and add the lemon juice, zest, garlic, olive oil, sumac, chilli flakes, salt and hemp seeds and mix well.

Wash the parsley and coriander, drain and pat dry. Pull the leaves off the stalks and chop finely (I don't like my tabouleh too "leafy"!). Add the herbs to the bowl and mix well. Finely dice the red pepper and add along with the cranberries or raisins.

Give everything a good mix and taste for seasoning - add more salt, chilli, or lemon juice to taste. Enjoy! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment